The objectives of Bowen Lift are:
- To maintain and enhance Bowen’s culture of lift sharing
- To enable people to get lifts anywhere on the island
- To have LIFTs and hitching be friendly, reliable, everyday community transportation on Bowen.
- To reduce car use & encourage islanders to leave their cars at home at least sometimes
- To help reduce the carbon footprint of Bowen Islanders and the island as a whole
- To make preparations in our community for the impacts of Peak Oil (increased costs of energy and petroleum-based products)
- To help build a caring, cohesive community where people work to know and help each other
- To increase safety for cyclists and road-side pedestrians by reducing the number of vehicles on Bowen’s roads
- To enhance Bowen’s rural feel by reducing overall road noise
Visit their website by clicking here.
Bowen LIFT also has a Facebook site. Access it here.